Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Today I Scored a Free ATI Radeon Video Card


So I belong to a Yahoo Groupon call Freecycle. It is a group that is in just about every city where people make requests and offers with no obligation to give anything to the opposite party. I have been in 3 of these groups in the diffrent areas I have lived in (Las Vegas, Bay Area & Salt Lake) I have got a lot of stuff and given over the years. My best grab was a Laptop that had a virus, just reloaded the laptop and it was as good as new.
I posted yesterday that i need a PCI-E Video card for PC gaming since my current video card was for business applications. On the same day I got a response from a person saying they had an extra video card and I picked it up today during my lunch break. I now have a complete package for my gaming pc that I have been putting together. No this isnt a high end video card but would have still cost me ~$100 on Amazon. I would recommend joining this site if you like to get free stuff and possibly return the favor to someone else.

Find your local group here: www.freecycle.org