Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Striking Blow!!!


Just an FYI, I wont be posting over the next couple of days. As of yesterday my favortie past time changed for ever!

Yesterday morning my Xbox account was banned along with my sons account. As if that wasnt bad enough, 2 of my 4 consoles were banned as well. Find it odd that my 2 consoles that were banned where slims as were my remaining 2 consoles where the fat model.

So far I have been getting the run arround from Microsoft and the ban process and communication there after is a big joke.

First I cant message them from my original account because it no longer has access to online features. So you have to use a seperate account to contact them. The only contact they allow is by posting in the xbox forums. It took 3 hours yesterday just for my post to be approved asking why I was banned. 2 hours after that I get a response with a generic response referring me to the terms of service and code of conduct. After replying with 2 messages trying to get more information they respond the next day (12 hours later) saying I need to post a new thread in the forum to get my question address.

From what I have researched (which is what I have been doing instead of posting on my blogs) that there is 0% chance of me getting out of a 9999 ban.

My account also had 17,500 Microsoft Points ($220) and a Family Gold membership ($120) along with pre-purcahsed season passes for Halo 4, Black Ops 2, Borderlands 2 & Injustice. This is not including the thousands of downloads already purchased on my account and the loss of 2 xboxes!

I hope Microsoft will fix this ban but so far they dont seem to not only work with me but anyone at all.