Monday, July 18, 2011

How I Routinly Get Games for Pennies


In previous posts I have told you how you can use Goozex to get games for a fraction of the cost. I normally use Arcade games from the Xbox Live Arcade or PS3 or PSP games from the PSN. The values when they first come out are inflated and I can normally get $40-$50 in game credit for $5 using my system. In this post I go into more explanation on how I routinely do this.

Offering Games:
Go to Goozex (if your not signed up CLICK HERE)

Goozex points convert to $5 for every 100 points, so if you buy a $5 digital game and get 600 points for it then you are doing pretty well, and trading a Digital game saves you from paying for shipping on the trade.

Here is a list of sites I use to get digital items to trade:

Amazon.com sells mostly PSN codes they used to sell XBL but they havnt updated in a long time. I use Amazon credit from my Swagbucks method get codes HERE & HERE
Delivery Time: Instant

Gamestop sells PSN & XBL game codes. I use the credit I get from my E-Rewards method CLICK HERE
Delivery Time: 2-3 Hours

Bestbuy also sells PSN and XBL codes HERE & HERE. There is no current method on getting Bestbuy credit. All the methods have expired.
Delivery Time: 2-3 Hours

I always make sure before purchasing and sending the code that the person requesting the code understands that it is a digital item. I use the following message
Please confirm you understand that this game/add-on is a download through the Playstation Network or Xbox Live. I only provide a prepaid download code and the game/add-on downloads to your game consoles hard drive.”
Wait for them to confirm or request to cancel, ½ the time the person didn’t know and cancel the trade.

Requesting Games:
The system works as a first come first serve waiting list. The first person that requested the game get it when someone offers the game. If that person doesn’t have enough points for the game then it goes to the next in line.

New games come out every Tuesday so I sign in on Monday at midnight and get 1 of the first spots to new games. Even if it is a game I don’t want right away it doesn’t hurt to get ahead in line for it, I just place it on hold until I am ready for the game.

When requesting a trade you pay $2 per trade, after you get to a certain feedback rating you only pay $1 per trade received instead of $2, but they give you 1 trade credit free when signing up. I typically use paypal to add trade tokens.

Shipping is paid by the sender so the only money out of pocket is the trade token.

I have received ~200 games from this method in the past 2 years, once you get the system down you will be getting new games for almost free!

To See the Methods Listed in my post go HERE